Sunday, September 29, 2013

what she prays for...

I just got to tuck Ada into bed.  It's a Sunday night, so I have Jeremy's help and because we had dinner at Nana and Papa T's AND skipped a bath, I feel like I got to enjoy the kids rather than rush them through the evening madness routine.  I crawled in beside Ada, who is snuggled in her "new" elephant consignment sale PJs under the very thin pink gingham blanket that DD made her when she was born.  Her humidifier is blowing steam towards her to help her breathe easier through her "clogged up" nose, and her room smells of RuRu, who visited this week in honor of the birth of our new little cousin, Charlie.  RuRu slept with Ada a couple of nights, and as I snuggled in beside her, sandwiched between the wall and my wild, wonderful girl blessing, she sat up and peered over me, as if to make sure I wasn't squashing something important.  She said, "oh good.  you aren't laying on the RuRu smell."  I asked her where that was so I could make sure not to squish it, and she told me with a vague wave of her small hands, "It's right about there."  I laughed really hard, mostly because I, too, smell the RuRu smell when I am in her room right now.  Nothing gets past Ada.

Tonight as I was praying for her, I prayed (among other things) that she would know Jesus as she grows.  She stopped me and said, "Mom, I already know Him.  We should pray for someone else."  I asked her if we should pray for Charlie, who was born on Wednesday.  She said yes!  And for all of the Moms who just had babies and can't swim!!

So, Jesus, please be with all the new babies and all those Mama's out there who can't swim because they have had a c-section with a fishing pole (which is how Ada tells the story of your virgin birth).  I am sure they are all anxious to get back in the pool.  And please continue use whatever bad memories my child has of her 2nd summer, rotten only because her mama had a baby and couldn't get in the water.  It was just enough suffering to make her prayerful, for whatever reason.  

No comments:

Post a Comment